What to do for those turning 65 already on Medicare through Disability
If you are already eligible, you have a few options when you turn 65:
- Sign up for a Medicare Advantage Plan and/or a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from your current Medicare Advantage Plan or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another plan.
- Drop a Medicare Advantage Plan or a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan completely. This would put you on Original Medicare. We do recommend that you are additionally covered with a Medicare Supplement plan and a Prescription Drug plan.
When can I enroll?
Your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) is the 7-month period that:
- Starts 3 months before the month you turn 65
- Includes the month you turn 65
- Ends 3 months after the month you turn 65
If you sign up for a Medicare Advantage Plan during this time but aren’t happy with Medicare Advantage, you can drop that plan any time during the next 12 months and go back to Original Medicare.
Have any questions?
Just get in touch with one of our Heroes that would be happy to help you! We are unbiased independent brokers contracted with all of the major health insurance companies. We are 100% free to you and the prices are the same as if you went directly to the health insurance companies, but with us as your Medicare concierge we can continue to guide you in your journey.